This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, proactive, team player with an emphasis on organization, communication, professionalism, and quality. This position centers around a collaborative, team-oriented environment, driven by the In-charge. The primary purpose of this position is to manage audit engagements through, planning the engagement, overseeing staff, and managing the project to completion. This position also requires the applicant to effectively communicate with clients to not only produce the required compliance report but also to act as a consultant and identify opportunities for client operational improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee audit planning, field work, and audit reporting; prepares reports, and communicates findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Conduct audit and review engagements from start to finish
- Assess compliance by examining, analyzing, and verifying necessary financial records
- Consult with clients on various internal accounting related transactions as needed
- Improve compliance by recommending changes in management and accounting operations
- Provide strategic and tactical accounting and tax advice to the firm’s clientele
- Provide review of work product and performance of entry level staff
- Assist partners and managers in consulting engagements
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA Certification or in process of obtaining CPA
- – 2 - 5 years of current public accounting experience
- Proficiency with computerized account software and MS Office
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to focus on complex financial information
- Ability to train, mentor, and coach new staff
- Ability to plan and organize
To apply for a position please use the Apply Online form.
Or, if you have any questions about working with Porte Brown please email us at Porte Brown Careers.