The experienced accountant is responsible for larger more complex engagements and may manage multiple engagements simultaneously. This position assumes responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments; can review working papers and financial statements and can communicate with clients on a one-on-one basis. This position is also responsible for mentoring and coaching, advising and supporting team members in meeting clients and self-development expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assumes full responsibility for managing engagements and special assignments using established firm policies and procedures.
- Coordinates various phases of engagement plans engagements, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, and reviews financial statements.
- Provides supervision and on-the-job training to staff by offer guidance, direction, and constructive criticism
- Develops and is accountable for the assignment work plan and ensures assigned tasks and responsibilities are achieved
- Plans, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assigned objectives
- Helps develop solutions for clients and manages implementation of ideas
- Communicates engagement progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns with clients
- Works with co-workers on assignments to anticipate project issues, assess alternatives, and take appropriate measure to resolve assignment issues
- Identifies client needs and opportunities, and identifies cross selling and new service opportunities
- Supports partners in developing new initiatives to increase retention, meet resourcing needs, utilization and people development
- Develop functional specialization and/or industry expertise
- Establishes and actively works to build a network and focus on business development
- Develop a specialty designation or begin to obtain a masters
Requirements/Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years of current Public Accounting Experience
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting (preferably a masters)
- CPA Certification
- Proficiency with tax software, MS Office, and working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
To apply for a position please use the Apply Online form.
Or, if you have any questions about working with Porte Brown please email us at Porte Brown Careers.