Estate & Trust Services
Planning for the future
Planning for retirement invariably comes down to making sure you save enough during your working years to build up a nest egg to use during your golden years. But what happens beyond retirement? Have you thought about your legacy and what you'll leave to your family and friends once you're gone?
Setting up an estate plan that honors your wishes and keeps your hard-earned assets within your family is one of the best ways to ensure your loved ones are in good hands once you’re gone. By not outlining your wishes with a comprehensive estate plan, you not only risk unnecessary gift and estate taxes, but you effectively forfeit the right to distribute your assets over to probate court.
Estate planning strategies can vary wildly from one individual to the next due to any number of financial factors, such as a person's business interests, investments, real property, or personal property. This is why it is a good idea to develop a plan according to your specific goals and outline how you want your assets distributed among your family. For this reason, Porte Brown provides a wide range of estate planning services, which includes aiding in trust planning, developing gifting strategies, mitigating your estate tax exposure, assisting an executor, and easing the burden of asset distribution.
Please Note: Porte Brown does not draft trusts, estate plans, or wills. While we certainly can provide our opinions and advice on strategies to help mitigate your estate tax exposure and ease the burden of asset distribution, we do not create or make changes to these legal documents.
Porte Brown's estate planning services also include:
- Fiduciary income tax return preparation and planning
- Estate tax return preparation including IRS Form 706 and Illinois Form 700
- Gift tax return preparation and planning related to overall estate tax exposure
- Charitable Trust return preparation and related calculations
- Generation Skipping Tax elections and strategies
- Estate and fiduciary income tax planning with closely held businesses and trusts
- Estate tax projections and the related recommendations for type of trust vehicle
- Exit planning and integration with estate planning